Pages

Saturday, April 2, 2011

We Interrupt This Broadcast

to bring you an important foodie PSA :)

If you live in the Syracuse, NY area and you like :
- An authentic French Bistro vibe (as in there were actual French people eating and working there)
AND
-Unfussy, accessible delicious French food

You need to high-tail it over to L'Adour , Syracuse's only French Bistro. Michael and I had dinner there for our 8-month anniversary, and Heavens to Betsy, it was AMAZING :) Cozy, intimate, romantic, well paced, I could go on and on....

Here's a sample of what we had:
- Endive and Watercress Salad with Walnuts, Goat Cheese and Proscuitto
- (grass-fed) Steak Bernaise
- Lamb Chops with Rosemary Sauce
- Baguette with European-style butter (richer and creamier than our normal stuff)
- A sampling of side dishes that included Ratatouille, Potatoes Lyonnaise,Potato Gratin, Lentils, Rice, Sweet Potato Puree, and Caramelized Carrots
- Profiteroles with Ice Cream and Chocolate Sauce
- Lemon Tart with Fresh Raspberries

They do lunch and dinner Monday through Friday and Breakfast, Brunch and Dinner Friday through Sunday. We were there on a Thursday evening and it was pretty quiet, but in general I would recommend a reservation just to be on the safe side. The meals can get pricey, but they are worth every penny. And, if price is concern, they do have a prix fixe menu that changes daily/seasonally.

L'Adour is a winner. Seriously, don't wait, just go:)

That is all, go back to whatever you were doing :)

Love,
Lynn

1 comment:

Nubby Tongue said...

That meal sounds KILLA.


My French class went there for a field trip in 10th grade. It was my first taste of goat cheese (didn't like it then but LOVE it now) and I remember the tarte tatin was absolutely divine. Oh! And I ordered some kind of chicken-in-mustard sauce that I dreamed about for years afterwards. I was a lousy excuse for a foodie back then and didn't even know what I was ordering. I only know it was a mustard sauce because in retrospect I can see the mustard seeds on the plate. =P