to bring you an important foodie PSA :)
If you live in the Syracuse, NY area and you like :
- An authentic French Bistro vibe (as in there were actual French people eating and working there)
-Unfussy, accessible delicious French food
You need to high-tail it over to L'Adour , Syracuse's only French Bistro. Michael and I had dinner there for our 8-month anniversary, and Heavens to Betsy, it was AMAZING :) Cozy, intimate, romantic, well paced, I could go on and on....
Here's a sample of what we had:
- Endive and Watercress Salad with Walnuts, Goat Cheese and Proscuitto
- (grass-fed) Steak Bernaise
- Lamb Chops with Rosemary Sauce
- Baguette with European-style butter (richer and creamier than our normal stuff)
- A sampling of side dishes that included Ratatouille, Potatoes Lyonnaise,Potato Gratin, Lentils, Rice, Sweet Potato Puree, and Caramelized Carrots
- Profiteroles with Ice Cream and Chocolate Sauce
- Lemon Tart with Fresh Raspberries
They do lunch and dinner Monday through Friday and Breakfast, Brunch and Dinner Friday through Sunday. We were there on a Thursday evening and it was pretty quiet, but in general I would recommend a reservation just to be on the safe side. The meals can get pricey, but they are worth every penny. And, if price is concern, they do have a prix fixe menu that changes daily/seasonally.
L'Adour is a winner. Seriously, don't wait, just go:)
That is all, go back to whatever you were doing :)